Conditions of Entry
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, staff and event participants, the following Conditions of Entry apply to all attendees. Any breach may lead to your removal from the Event without a refund.
TAVAS reserves the right to refuse or revoke entry privileges at its sole discretion.
1. Entry fees
The following entry fees apply:
• Adult – $30 (or $25 for pre-purchased tickets)
• Child (under 16) – FREE
• Visitors arriving by air – FREE
If flying in you MUST read this info first.
NOTE: All children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a ticket-holding Parent/Legal Guardian or Adult at all times.
2. Right of refusal
TAVAS reserves the right to refuse entry to any intoxicated (drug or alcohol) person; any person refusing to comply with conditions of entry (including a bag search); or any person in possession of weapons, due to the nature of the Event being a family event.
3. Acceptable conduct
At all times, patrons are required to behave in a manner:
- which is not offensive, humiliating, intimidating or threatening to other patrons, TAVAS staff/volunteers and crew or any other persons;
- that does not threaten the safety of other patrons, TAVAS staff/volunteers and crew or any other persons;
- that does not cause any damage to TAVAS or exhibitors property or the property of other patrons;
- that does not interfere with or distract the flying display; and
- that does not interfere with other patrons' enjoyment of the performance.
4. Removal from the Event
Patrons will be removed from the Event with no refund if they do not comply with the rules of the Event and the airfield. These rules include: no smoking, no animals, possession and drinking of alcohol, being in possession of weapons (fire arms, gun, knife, machete, pepper spray, anything that could hurt an individual), or behaving aggressively towards crew, staff and other patrons.
5. No smoking
A no-smoking policy applies to all areas of the airfield and smoking (including the use of electronic cigarettes or similar devices that are designed to simulate smoking) is prohibited. Patrons who smoke on the airfield or who fail to obey a direction from TAVAS volunteers/crew or another authorised person to cease smoking on the airfield:
- may commit an offence against the Tobacco and Other Smoking Products Act 1998 (Qld), to which fines apply; and
- will be immediately evicted from the airfield with no refund.
6. Accompanying children
Persons under the age of 16 must be under the direct supervision of an adult at all times.
7. General release
Attendees at the Event or in the carparks acknowledge that the Organisers and third parties authorised by the Organisers may make, create, store, record, transmit, reproduce or use recordings and images or any of them of, at or in relation to the Event (including, without limitation, of attendees).
Unless the attendee otherwise reaches an agreement with the Organisers, each attendee hereby grants the Organisers and third parties authorised by them permission to use recordings and/or images, or other images or likenesses of the attendee, in any media (including publication within and outside Queensland, Australia) and for any purpose without identification or compensation or payment of any kind.
8. Carparks and environs
- Event carparks are exclusively for the use of patrons and is FREE.
- All persons entering the carparks must be in possession of a ticket or immediately acquire a valid ticket admission or passes for the event.
- No person may remain in the carpark without being in possession of a current valid admission ticket or pass to the event.
- No one will be allowed to park in the carpark to watch the show from there.
- No one will be allowed to park along McNaught Road to watch the show.
- Anyone instructed to leave the Event must also leave the carpark and environs.
9. You can bring in:
- Sunscreen – no specified quantities
- Water (plastic bottle and metal container) – no specified quantities
- Food (although plenty of food vendors inside)
- Prams, pushers
- Syringe if medical requirement only (diabetics, allergies)
- Pocket knife (i.e. Swiss knife, multi-tool)
- Camera and lenses
We suggest you leave perfume bottles at home.
10. You may not bring in
- Weapons (guns, knives, fireworks, explosives, etc)
- Smoke canisters, flares
- Air-horns, noisemakers, megaphones, loud speakers, loud hailers
- Paint, chemicals, spray cans, paint or spray apparatus or equipment
- Selfie sticks
- Laser devices
- Musical instruments
- Flags, banners, signs, brochure, leaflets
- Bicycles, scooters, golf carts and items of personal conveyance (other than wheelchairs for use by disabled persons or prams and pushers for infants)
- Stoves, barbecues and cooking equipment
- Tents, structures, shelters and elevated seating (normal camping chairs or solid plastic chairs accepted)
- Drones (either on the airfield or in the carpark, at any time)
- Dangerous or illegal substances or any article that may be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety or which may pose a hazard or nuisance to any other person)
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the event organisers.
CLICK HERE to email us with your enquiry. ( info@ tavas.com.au )
FOR PRE-PURCHASED TICKETS ONLY
No refund will be provided if you buy a ticket but can not or do not make it to the Event.
If the Event needs to be cancelled on both days (including flying and ground displays) on account of bad weather, patrons who have pre-purchased tickets will be entitled to receive free entry to the TAVAS Museum on presentation of their ticket, during any normal opening hours between 22nd April and 30th June 2018.
We'll also provide a free copy of the TAVAS book 'Frank Alberry: The One-Legged Fighter Pilot' and two free posters of TAVAS aircraft when you visit.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide a financial refund, however this alternative does represent a significant increase on the ticket's face value.